Alfonso Gonzalez, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Alfonso Gonzalez has been serving patients at Columbia Skin Clinic since 1994. He’s a highly skilled dermatopathologist and is certified by the American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Dermatopathology).
In 1979 Dr. Gonzalez first launched his career in medicine in Mexico at the Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí for medical school. He came to the United States in 1987 to complete his Anatomic Pathology Residency at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. In 1994 he further developed his craft for treating skin cancer at the University of Oklahoma in Oklahoma City during a Dermatopathology Fellowship.
He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatopathology, International Society of Dermatopathology and College of American Pathologists.
- Universidad Autónoma, S.L.P., Mexico (1979)
- Anatomic Pathology Residency, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (1987)
- Dermatopathology Fellowship, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK (1994)
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Dermatopathology)
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- International Society of Dermatopathology
- College of American Pathologists
schedule a consultation
Our dermatologists are here to help.