Allison Cashman, M.D.
Dr. Allison Cashman combines her love of helping people and her passion for dermatology every day at Columbia Skin Clinic. According to her, she considers it a blessing and a privilege to educate patients about their skin (which is the largest organ in the body!) and how to safely have fun in the sun.
In 2006 Dr. Cashman joined Columbia Skin Clinic, bringing a specialty in medical and surgical dermatology. She is proud of the fact that Columbia Skin Clinic is one of the oldest dermatology practices in the Southeast and its commitment to giving patients medical care they need and deserve.
Dr. Cashman graduated from the United States Naval Academy and served in the United States Marine Corps for five years. She attended the University of South Carolina (USC), earning a Bachelor of Science in Biology. Dr. Cashman then continued to the USC School of Medicine for her medical degree. She traveled to the University of Minnesota to complete her residency where she served as the chief resident for her final year.
She is from a small town with a strong sense of community service. Her father was a head high school football coach and vice principal. Her mother was a certified public accountant. Her brother graduated from West Point and served in the Army for 12 years, while her sister works for the Humane Society and is a volleyball coach.
She enjoys anything outside, especially hiking and kayaking. Inside, she loves to lift weights, read anything and even attempts to quilt.
Dr. Cashman serves patients in the Irmo offices in South Carolina.
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine (1998- 2002)
- Hennipen County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN (Transitional Internship Year 2002-2003)
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Dermatological Society
- Columbia Medical Society
- Women’s Dermatological Society
- American Medical Association
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- 2012 & 2013 Best Dermatologist – Lake Murray Life Magazine
- Palmetto Richland Hospital
schedule a consultation
Our dermatologists are here to help.