Asha James, M.D.
Dr. Asha James is a dermatologist certified by the American Board of Dermatology. Her specialty in cosmetic and medical dermatology is the area of medicine she loves most. Dermatology is a mixed field, and she has cultivated years of experience as a one-stop shop for patients’ dermatological and cosmetic needs.
Joining Columbia Skin Clinic in 2001, Dr. James has built a widespread practice due to her ability to address a multitude of different skin, hair and nail issues in all age groups. She’s passionate about cosmetic industries, and she’s developed a sharp expertise in Botox, fillers, lasers, products and more.
Dr. James completed a dermatology residency at Wake Forest. She earned her undergraduate degree at West Virginia University and attended medical school at the same alma mater.
She practices in Columbia three days a week and enjoys the best of both worlds – her family – when she’s not helping patients. Dr. James originally moved to South Carolina after she became engaged to her husband who was born and raised in Cola Town. They have four daughters who attend Hammond School, and they all enjoy quality family time together.
On top of it all, Dr. James makes time to do one thing for herself – exercise!
- West Virginia University (1997)
- (1997-1998) Internal Medicine Internship
- Wake Forest University North Carolina Baptist Hospitals, Inc. (1998-2001) Dermatology Residency
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- South Carolina Medical Association
- Columbia Medical Society
- South Carolina Dermatological Association
- Palmetto Richland Hospital
- Cosmetic Treatments (Botox, Fillers, Chemical Peels)
- Skin Care
Schedule an Appointment or Consultation
Our dermatologists are here to help!
With four convenient locations in the Midlands, Columbia Skin Clinic has a commitment to delivering excellent dermatology care.