Greta Zimmerman, D.O.
Dr. Greta Zimmerman attended medical school on an Army Scholarship and joined Columbia Skin Clinic in 1996 after she completed her military obligation as the dermatologist at Fort Jackson. She did residencies in internal medicine and dermatology at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas and is boarded in both specialties. Despite living all over the United States and Europe as a military child and service member herself, she has been proud to make Columbia home for the past twenty plus years.
Dr. Zimmerman raised four children. Her son Ryan is an emergency physician in town; son Keegan works in the insurance industry in Columbia. Her daughter Laurel is in medical school at USC, and daughter Savannah is a nursing student at West Virginia University. In her spare time, Dr. Zimmerman spends time at the beach (with sunscreen), City Yoga, at any sporting event in town, doing medical mission work, traveling and setting up her fantasy football lineup in an attempt to dominate her sons in their family league.
Dr. Zimmerman practices in the Columbia and Camden offices. At one time, she went to Hartsville and Florence, and patients still come to her in the Camden office.
With her background in internal medicine, Dr. Zimmerman concentrates most of her practice on medical dermatology, to include acne, psoriasis and skin cancer. She sees all ages. Dr. Zimmerman feels she has been very blessed to be able to get an education while serving in the United States Army and to be able to make a living helping people in a profession she so loves.
- Kirksville College of Osteopathy (1980-1984)
- Brooke Army Medical Center, Internal Medicine Training: Internship (1984-1985)
- Brooke Army Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine (1987-1989)
- Brooke Army Medical Center, Residency in Dermatology (1991-1994)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Columbia Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Dermatological Association
- Palmetto Richland Hospital
schedule a consultation
Our dermatologists are here to help.