Leah Spring, D.O.
Dr. Leah Spring is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained skin cancer and reconstructive surgeon. Her primary focuses are Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cosmetic Dermatology.
After attending Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Spring entered active duty in the United States Navy. She completed an internship at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, before reporting to the Naval Aeromedical Institute for Flight Surgery training. Dr. Spring served two tours as a Flight Surgeon with both Navy and United States Marine Corps squadrons.
Dr. Spring completed her dermatology residency training at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego. She then spent an additional year of training specifically in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cosmetic & Laser Dermatologic Surgery at SkinCare Physicians in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, mentored by world-renowned faculty with appointments at Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth and Brown Medical Schools.
During her 16 years of military service, Dr. Spring led the laser scar treatment program for Wounded Warriors and participated in operational and humanitarian missions in over 13 countries throughout the Pacific and Central America. She separated from the Navy in 2022 with the rank of Commander. Dr. Spring’s military honors include three Navy Commendation Medals, two Navy Achievement Medals, the Humanitarian Service Medal and Navy Pistol Marksmanship award.
Dr. Spring is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings, co-editor of a cosmetic laser textbook and the author of over 20 peer-reviewed journal articles and textbook chapters.
Dr. Spring considers it an honor to join Columbia Skin Clinic. She, her husband and their two young children are excited to call South Carolina home.
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Micrographic Surgery & Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship, SkinCare Physicians
- Cosmetic and Laser Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship, SkinCare Physicians
- Dermatology Residency, Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Transitional Internship, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery, American Board of Dermatology
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Dermatologic Reconstructive Surgery
- Cutaneous Laser Surgery
- Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery
Schedule an Appointment or Consultation
Our dermatologists are here to help!
With four convenient locations in the Midlands, Columbia Skin Clinic has a commitment to delivering excellent dermatology care.