Richard Laws, M.D.
Dr. Richard Laws practices general dermatology and diagnoses and treats skin cancer. His definition of a good day on the job is helping patients see an improvement in their skin – especially when it comes to skin cancer. It’s been a pleasure for him to get to know and serve patients over the years.
Before joining Columbia Skin Clinic in 2006, Dr. Laws completed medical school through a U.S. Army scholarship at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. He then served in the Army for eight years and completed an internship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and a dermatology residency at Brooke Army Medical Center.
Dr. Laws works in the Columbia and Camden offices, and he’s proud to work with everyone at the practice. He said he would have zero hesitation about sending his family members to see any of his partners.
He’s been married for over 28 years to his wife, Jennifer. She works as an art teacher at Northside Christian Academy. Together, they have two children who are currently in graduate school.
When he’s out of the office, he enjoys reading, exercise, bicycling and working around the house.
- Georgetown University School of Medicine (1992)
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Brooke Army Medical Center (1993)
- Dermatology Residency (1998)
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Columbia Medical Society
- South Carolina Medical Association
- South Carolina Dermatologic Association
- Palmetto Richland Hospital
schedule a consultation
Our dermatologists are here to help.